based in Barcelona, Spain
April 27th 2017
about Agatha Knife
Embark on a satirical narrative point-and-click adventure with Agatha, a naive seven-year-old insomniac, who’s torn between her friendship with the animals in her mother’s butcher shop and her unwavering love for eating meat. Heading into the delightfully dark Psychotic Universe in search of answers to solve her conundrum, join Agatha as she discovers that religion could be just the solution she needs to quash the animal’s fears and make them unafraid of death.
Unravel puzzles, explore the twisted Psychotic Universe, and join Agatha as she undertakes the challenge of creating her own religion, Carnivorism, to convince the animals that the sacrifice of their flesh is the secret to eternal happiness.
dark humor and vibrant art
Bold, unafraid, and riddled with nuance, Agatha Knife utilizes satire and dark humor to explore and poke fun of often controversial topics. Showcasing concepts like religion, culture, and animal rights through the eyes of a child, the Mango Protocol team hopes to encourage players to feel empowered to challenge their thoughts on some of these issues.
Contrasting with the satirically dark subject matter is the hand-drawn artwork heavily inspired by 90’s anime, and filled with Geek references. Taking place in the same universe as Mango Protocol’s first game, MechaNika, the dev team hopes players will enjoy exploring the whimsical, quirky, and thought-provoking world they’ve created.
- Satirically humorous narrative adventure that lures you to the dark corners of everyday life.
- Create your own religion piece by piece.
- Uniquely colorful and hand-crafted art.
- Tackle controversial topics through the eyes of a child.
- Explore a dynamic and vibrant world that unfolds as your adventure progresses.
- Interact with diverse characters and uncover their stories during your quest.
- Original soundtrack created to suit each environment.
- Dive into the whimsical Psychotic Universe, the same world as the Mango Protocol's beloved first game, MechaNika.
Launch Trailer (April 2017) YouTube
Greenlight Trailer (March 2017) YouTube
logo & icon
awards & recognition
- "Winner of the Excellence in Narrative Award" Busan Indie Connect Festival 2017
- "Official Selection" Busan Indie Connect Festival 2017
- "Finalist for the Diversity Award" TIGA Games Industry Awards 2017
- "Finalist for the Best Music Award" Gameboss 2017
- "Finalist for the Best Music and Sound Award" Gamelab 2017
- "Official Selection" AdventureX 2016
Agatha Knife gif compilation
about Mango Protocol
As an interactive art studio, Mango Protocol's objective is to create innovative, marvellous and fun experiences utilising ground breaking visuals that will endure until the end of time. Enjoy the world we've created. Enjoy our Psychotic Adventures.
More information on Mango Protocol, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Agatha Knife credits
graphics and original idea
production, programming and design
Adam Giles Levy
English localisation, collaborator
German localisation, collaborator
French localisation, collaborator
Russian localisation, collaborators